Kelco-Care™ diutan gum
INCI Name: Sphingomonas ferment extract
Kelco-Care™ diutan gum is a water-soluble biopolymer produced by fermentation designed specifically for use in cosmetics and other personal-care applications. Kelco-Care™ diutan gum has exceptionally good thermal stability, is compatible with high levels of alcohol and polyols, and is readily biodegradable. This innovative technology won the Innovation Zone Silver Prize for Functional Ingredients at In-Cosmetics Korea 2021.
Kelco-Care™ diutan gum products are manufactured by CP Kelco U.S., INC. Kelco-Care™ is a trademark of CP Kelco and is used under license.
- Can impart fiber protection and split ends repair
- Effective across a broad pH range, allowing formulation flexibility
- Is not degraded by cellulase/amylase enzymes
- Light skin feel
- Provides long-term viscosity and system stability over a broad temperature range enabling product consistency over time for consumers
- Provides 'no-drip' rheology to hair color formulations
- Provides silky and conditioned sensory to the hair
- Shear-thinning rheology for smooth flow in hair and skin products
- Very efficient viscosity builder at lower total solids
- Rheology Modifier
- Suspending Agent